Thursday, February 13, 2014

Liz's Goals

Health and fitness goals during pregnancy

SHORT TERM GOALS:

1. Continue to cut out the sugary treats for a month. I just had my 5 month appointment. My plan is to stay on track this month with no sugar. EEKK! Going month to month is less intimidating than saying no sugar for the rest of pregnancy!!! AHHH! (This may sound crazy but it is an area where I really struggle.) When I am careful about my sugar intake, then my body tends to feel so much better and people want to be around me more...hee hee because I am obviously less irritable! 

2. So I have been walking a lot lately and I would like to make it a goal to get out and walk 5-6 times a week. Each time I go I would like to quicken my pace to really get my heart pumping. Each walk should be a minimal of 30 min. I really do miss the running days, but trust me you don't want to see this prego lady running! TRUST ME! :)

3. Only eat when my body tells me that it is hungry. These last few weeks my appetite has increased a ton, which tells me that the baby is growing. Yipee! I just want to be aware of when my body really needs fuel or if it is just mindless eating that is taking place. 

4. WATER, WATER and MORE WATER! Goal: Drink 3 water bottles a day. My water bottle can hold 24 oz of water. Water is a must during pregnancy. So many benefits!!

** These are my 4 short term goals for this month. My plan, when I have my 6 month appointment, is to evaluate how I did with these 4 goals and then modify them if necessary for the next month.

LONG TERM GOALS:

1. Gain only 30 lbs this pregnancy. First pregnancy I gained 50 lbs, second 35-40 lbs. and the third...??? We will see :) So far I have gained 10 lbs. I am currently 21 weeks along. I weighed 147 before pregnancy. I am trying to keep this weight thing under control so that it will be much easier to shed pounds post pregnancy. 

2. Be in shape when baby comes. (pregnant in shape) :)

3. Have sugar cravings under control. 

*Reminder: I can only achieve these goals through Christ's strength in me! 




No comments:

Post a Comment