This is a resource the Liz and I have both found enlightening, encouraging and inspiring throughout our journey. It's a book titled "Made to Crave" Satisfying your deepest desire with God, not food" by Lysa Terkeurst.
Liz has read the book and I'm sure she will refer to things she has learned from it often. I am in the process of reading it and have already learned so much.I wanted to share something that has helped me get off the ground running towards being healthier. The author talks about embracing a TRUE identity. In other words not believing all of those negative lies that we so often think about ourselves that only bring us down, but rather training our brain to think on TRUTH! God's truth. One thing she mentions that I have been implementing is to tell myself, "I AM MADE FOR MORE !". This is what I have been saying to myself when I want to reach for that leftover Halloween candy (yes, we still have some in the house it's a miralce!)
I want to encourage you to do what ever it takes to change your perspective into thinking TRUTH. This is something that I struggle with to the core of my being and it effects all areas of my life. I want to change that and see myself the way God see's me. So, as odd as it may sound, I am taking the verses of scripture she has referenced and I'm going to write them out placing my name in front of the verse and repeat them out loud until I believe it! Sounds weird I know, and I feel weird saying them out loud but believe it or not this is a tactic that many brilliant successful men and women have used to become successful.
Example: Romans 3:24 Kristie, the forgiven child of God.
Romans 8:37- Kristie, the victorious child of God
Check out the other verses she references:
Romans 8:1-2, 8:37,
1 Corinthians 1:2, 1:30,
2 Corinthians 5:17,
Epehesians 1:4, 2:13, 3:12,
I'll leave you with this, wherever you are at in your journey to bettering yourself, your health, your wellness, YOU WERE MADE FOR MORE ! Keep on keeping on.
Kristie

No comments:
Post a Comment