Monday, November 18, 2013

Breakfast Smoothie- Peanut Butter, Banana, Flax + Greens

Good Morning!  I hope you are all starting the day off right by getting in a protein packed breakfast to keep that metabolism moving throughout the day and that brain functioning in high gear!We should be consuming at least 30grams of protein with in a half hour of waking up. I usually can get my 30g's in but not always within the 30 minutes of waking up. I am not a morning person and it takes me about 30 minutes to muster up the energy to get out bed let alone have my breakfast down!

I typically have a protein shake for breakfast. I use Arbonne Chocolate protein powder. You can find it here:   https://www.arbonne.com/shop_online/showitem.asp?ProductId=2069&menuId=203&withLinks=1
 It's amazing! But, I ran out and had to find a substitute for this morning. I am not a big breakfast fan and if it weren't for the protein shakes I'd be one of those people who skipped breakfast all together (Gasp!), only one of the worst things you can do, and end up shoveling my face later on with whatever I could find. So, this morning I made a Peanut Butter, Banana, Flax, + Greens Smoothie! It was delish and my daughters loved it too...even asked for seconds! PBBF+G for short!

PBBF+G

1/2 c almond milk
1/2 c greek yogurt
2TBS ground flaxseed
2TBS peanut butter
1 ripe banana
1-2 handfuls of fresh or frozen spinach (this depends on how green you like the taste)


 Blend together for yummy goodness!


I would have added my protein powder to this if I'd had any on hand.
 
This recipe was adapted from:
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/peanut-butter-banana-smoothies-50400000107394/

No comments:

Post a Comment