Thursday, January 23, 2014

A "Bump" in the road

Hey there! So this is Kristie's amazing, funny, totally awesome friend Liz....HA!  I thought I would give a quick update. I am currently 18 weeks pregnant! Wahooo! I share the same passion and desire that Kristie does when it comes to taking care of our bodies. This is my third baby and I can tell you I have yet to experience a pregnancy where I wasn't giving in to all my cravings. That is actually one of the things I enjoy about pregnancy, but this time I really want to take a different approach. A healthier approach! Thanks to Kristie's encouragement and motivation, I feel as though I need to make a few changes. So here we GO! 

Few facts about my past and current pregnancies: 
*Gained 50+ pounds with baby #1 and 35 with baby #2
*Picked up cycling with baby #1 and Zumba with baby #2
*I constantly have HUGE cravings for chocolate and beloved ice cream :)
*First 3 months of pregnancy I went back and forth about whether or not I should try to have a  healthier pregnancy. 
*Decided I wanted to make better choices this pregnancy! Wahooo (as far as food choices and  exercise goes)

My energy has now returned, which I am truly thankful to God for. I have started walking 30min. a day and jumping on the elliptical (20 min.) from time to time. I am hoping to implement strength training this week. Such as, lunges, squats and working with light weights. I feel as though I am starting completely over because of my lack of exercise the first 3 months. So the plan is to start slow and then get my heart rate moving more and more each time I exercise. I will keep you posted on the progress! 

Reasons I decided to go the healthier route: (just posting these so I can look back and motivate myself if I need to :) ahaa! 
1. Eating no sugar for a month. Doing this to help with my energy consistency and weight gain. Hoping to continue it through pregnancy, but starting with small steps.
2. I will have less mood swings when I make healthier choices in my diet.
3. Healthy baby and healthy momma.
4. If I can control my cravings now, then it will be much easier when baby comes....hopefully :)
5. Exercise helps my mood, weight, heart, baby and mindset during pregnancy. 
6. Exercising more often gives me more time to pray and spend time with God.
7. Kristie is doing such a good job of making healthier changes so I better get on board or I will be left in the dust! ahaaa! 

p.s. Kristie is going to just die when she realizes I actually posted something!!! Hoping to be more consistent in the coming weeks.







No comments:

Post a Comment