Now, don't cringe at the word diet. Basically, the word "diet" just means what we eat. From tofu to loaded peanut butter brownies, it all counts as "diet". One of the motto's that my good friend always encourages me with many times over is, "slow and steady wins the race". You see, I tend to be a racehorse full of ambition and excitement and I go go go... and then.... CRASH! It has been a personal goal of mine to try and continually bring these things unto the Lord and ask for His strength to help me maintain balance. Whether it's concerning food, exercise, being a wife, a mommy, in my business, or in my spiritual walk. Believe me I have failed many, many times, but I truly believe it's about perseverance and the journey.
So here is to the journey! Today my girls and I decided we needed a new snack in the house besides goldfish and graham crackers. Okay, so I decided because they are 3 and 1 and even though the 3 year old is very outspoken I doubt that she would have come up with Kale Chips all on her own. Now, maybe she will!
I love this recipe because it's quick, easy and yummy...all things a mommy needs.
KALE CHIPS
Find some yummy kale, I prefer to go to my local Farmer's Market, but you can get it at the grocery store. Wash it and pat dry with a paper towel. If some of the leaves have thick stems you might want to cut them off and tear the bigger pieces into smaller pieces.
Throw them in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil or coconut oil and toss with your hands until all pieces are coated.
Sprinkle with salt. I also sprinkled some with chili powder for fun. As an after thought, lemon pepper seasoning would be delish too!
Place on cookie sheet in a single layer and bake at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes.
I know they don't look that pretty..at least mine don't so that's what the flowers are for :)
My girls could hardly wait until they cooled off to dig in. Curious to see what the hubster thinks!

I think I will be making these again! I hope you enjoy them too!
Kristie





No comments:
Post a Comment