Saturday, January 11, 2014

MEAL PLAN 1

Got a great 20 minute Pilates work out in today and feeling more energized as each day goes by! I have to remember how great it feels to be on the right track with eating and exercising so I don't fall off the wagon by giving in to my every craving of junk food. Which, by the way, is lessening as I fuel my body with all the healthy nutrients that I need.





Here is what my first week of meals looked like;

WEEK 1 MEAL PLAN
Breakfast-Always a protein shake on occasion eggs.
Lunch- turkey wraps with hummus, (whatever veggies I have on hand i.e spinach, bell peppers, avocado) or BBQ chicken salad.
Dinner-
Chicken Fajita Salad
Breakfast Burritos and Brussel Sprouts
BBQ chicken salad
Chicken Stir Fry & Quinoa
Turkey Burgers on a bed of spinach instead of buns & green beans
Homemade BBQ chicken pizza with gluten free crust
Taco Salad


Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry over Quinoa- For those of you who know me, you know that I love colors, particularly bright colors. This also applies to my food. I love the brightness of this dish from the variety of vegetables that are in it.

Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry


BBQ Chicken Pizza with Gluten Free Crust














In this house we are pizza lovers! My family has a tradition of making their own pizza every Saturday night. This has been happening for years before I was even born! I love it because it's a great time of family bonding and who doesn't love pizza!? My husband and I have carried on this tradition into our own household but adding a few of our own favorites. BBQ Chicken pizza happens to be our #1.
Chicken Fajita Salad

Throw this over some spinach and you have yourself one tasty dinner!

The thing I love most about these healthy meals is that they are quick and easy, yet full of flavor and nutrients. I'm looking forward to planning next week meals to see what kind of yumminess is in store!



No comments:

Post a Comment