Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 3 Meal Plan

I just finished an on-line 5 day clean eating challenge this past week. It was perfect timing for me. I just hosted a hot chocolate bar party with tons of sweets and treats. It was challenging to have all of that sweet sugary goodness in my house and not over due it. But I was strong and only allowed myself a little taste (more on that in my next post). The next day I felt sick though. I hadn't had sugar for awhile and when I did it actually made me sick physically. I am a true believer of the cliche'  "You are what you eat".  To take it a step further, I believe you will feel like what you eat. If you eat junk food you will feel junky. I was actually going to use the word crap instead of junk but since we are talking about food that just gave me a really disgusting mental image. Anyway, if you eat healthy nutritious foods you will feel energized, lighter, happier versus the sluggish, always tired, loaf around person who eats a bunch of processed, sugary foods filled with chemicals that will eventually kill you in one form or another.




















Here is Week 3' s Menu

WEEK 3 MEAL PLAN

Breakfast: Arbonne Chocolate Protein Shakes, scrambled eggs

Snacks: bananas, apples, hard boiled eggs, raw nuts

Lunch: leftovers from dinner or turkey wraps

Dinner: Turkey Burgers, brussel sprouts, and tri-colored quinoa
              Lemon pepper chicken tacos with red cabbage, black beans
              and avocado
              Pepper Beef Stir Fry with brown rice
              Turkey Chili
              Scrambled Eggs and brussel sprouts
              Beef and Bean Tacos




Turkey Chili


Turkey Burgers with brussel sprouts and quinoa



Peppered Beef Stir Fry


So here's to clean eating! The accountability of this challenge was perfect to help keep me on track. Oh, and I gave all the sweet treats from the Hot Chocolate Bar party away or to my husband! Refraining from sugar is getting easier everyday that I stick to clean eating. I don't crave it as much and when I do I have found amazing substitutes to squelch the cravings and put that sweet tooth to rest once and for all! Check out my dessert recipes Raw Chocolate Tart and Raw Chocolate Almond Cheesecake. 

I will eventually get these recipes up on the recipe page for you. Please be patient with me.

What's your favorite go-to weeknight meal?

Kristie



No comments:

Post a Comment