Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"You Crave what you Eat"

Hey it's Liz! Since I FINALLY decided to start eating healthier and exercising more (decided this as of Jan. 22nd HA!) I have felt so much better in the energy department. Like I told you before I just needed to really sit down and decide that this pregnancy was going to be different as far as healthy eating and exercise goes. It was a hard decision, but my heart is there.....I think :)

Kristie and I have promoted the book "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst  because we love the connection it makes with our health and our own personal relationship with God. The two HAVE to go together!! Well, I decided that I needed to really prepare my heart and mind if I wanted to jump on board to a healthier pregnancy. So I picked up the book for a second go around. In the first chapter of her book she says "You crave what you eat". AMEN!! I am holding on to that truth when the cravings get bad (weakness: ice cream, chocolate and french fries). I have been repeating it over and over in my head, "You crave what you eat", "You crave what you eat"! Then I remind myself that I can rewire my taste buds to crave good food for my body rather than the trash that I am used to. I desperately want to crave the good foods, but it will take time..... lots of time! Yet, I know that Christ will give me the strength to control this area of my life. I cannot do it in my own strength (Phillipians 4:13), but Gods alone.

Remind yourself today that God does care about your health and how you take care of your body.

"Everything is permissible for me'-but not everything is beneficial. 'Everything is permissible for me'-but I will not be mastered by anything." 1 Corinthians 6:12

"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillippians 4:13

Hope these verses encourage your heart as they did mine. :)

I saw this and it might help you. Try the recommendations to ward off your cravings. Let me know if it works!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment