Doesn't the title of this post just have your curiosity peaked? Guiltless chocolate....hmm that sounds questionable to me, but I'm not joking. I don't joke about chocolate, that just doesn't seem right. So when I say guiltless I mean it! Now, you can celebrate Valentine's Day in chocolate lovers heaven and not feel bad about it. Believe it because I'm about to knock your socks off with this Raw Chocolate Sauce Recipe.
Not only is it wonderful chocolatey, delicious goodness BUT, it is also super simple to make. And who doesn't like that!? This recipe calls for 3 ingredients, dates, raw honey or pure maple syrup and raw cocoa powder. I like to purchase my cocoa powder from Vitacost (on-line). I usually get my raw honey from the local farmers market and I just bought a big tub of dates from Costco.
I have found that most of the healthy recipes use dates for sweetness and thickeners in place of refined sugar and starches. They can be used for a multitude of things from salad dressing to desserts. Medjool dates seem to be the brand that is most used. I'm not sure if it's because they are bigger in size or have a sweeter flavor or thinner "skin" to them. I'm still experimenting with that information. The tub that I bought from Costco is branded as Hadley. They are smaller in size compared to the Medjool dates. However, last time I was at Costco I did see the Medjool dates there also. Most grocery stores carry them too. Whichever kind of date you decide to buy just make sure they are pitted. This will make your life a lot easier.
RAW CHOCOLATE SAUCE RECIPE
4 TBS raw cocoa powder
1/2-3/4 maple syrup
8 Hadley dates pitted
Blend all ingredients in a high powered mixer until smooth.
Yup, that's it. Oh, except for the part where you can eat to your hearts content! Dip in your favorite fruit (strawberries, oranges), use as a sauce over your favorite coconut milk "ice cream" (post to come soon), graham crackers...pretty much anything because what doesn't taste good dipped in chocolate?
recipe adapted from Healthy Mama.
So, make this and feel like a queen indulging in all that chocolate without the guilt!
Have a Happy Valentines Day celebrating with the ones you love..make sure you tell them how much they mean to you... they may not know...and share chocolate..then there will be no question!
Be Blessed,
Kristie




No comments:
Post a Comment