Friday, January 31, 2014

Banana Sandwich

I am sensing a theme here and it starts with B and ends in anana. Is it very apparent that I recently purchased some bananas? Well, since I have them, I am going to put them to good use. By good use, I mean IN MY BELLY!

I started off my day with a lazy lady's breakfast: Banana Boat.  I am really missing my morning protein shake and can't wait until my next bag arrives in the mail.


Before we get to deep into bananas check out this link Banana Benefits that has some informative facts on the health benefits of bananas. Then, you too will find yourself swimming in a plethora of yellow arched shaped fruit that you just cannot get away from. 



Peanut butter banana sadwiches...frozen = yummy snack. Again, simple with two ingredients. Slice your bananas, top with natural peanut butter and pop 'em in the freezer. Just an FYI you probably want to place them on wax paper before you place them in the freezer. Someone may or may not have forgotten that step and then had to pry them off of the plate with a fork. I'm not saying that happened to me... ahem, just saying it could happen..to anyone


 This dish works perfectly because it can also pose as dessert! My kids were fooled, I bet you will be too. OR, you can take it one step further and dip them in chocolate and make it a real dessert! If you do dip them in chocolate, freeze for a few minutes, then dip, then refreeze.


Chocolate or no chocolate, these have to be eaten pronto. This is not usually a problem in our house, but they will get slimy if they sit out. My youngest especially loved this treat. She's teething and it provided some cold relief on her gums. They would also be a great post workout snack too! Hmm, I think I'm going to go work out now ,just so I can eat these afterwards!

What's your favorite banana recipe?

Until next time,
Kristie




No comments:

Post a Comment