Friday, January 31, 2014

Banana Pancakes

It's a banana kind of day! As I mentioned in a previous post, we are pancake fanatics in this household. During a 5 day clean eating challenge that I participated in, I was given a banana pancake recipe to try as one of my clean meals. I never got around to trying it until now. I made it this morning for breakfast. I loved that this recipe was simple, quick and easy. My girls loved them so much, I couldn't make them fast enough as they were eating them hot off the skillet!

 Four ingredients and my kids were all smiles from ear to ear. My oldest even said, "Mom, these are the best pancakes ever!" Simple, simple, simple.  We put maple flavored agave on ours today, but we also like pure maple syrup. I tried mine with some almond butter and extra cinnamon. It adds a nice touch. You can never have too much cinnamon! We sprinkled some more on top while they were cooking.


My dad taught me years ago that you flip the pancake only AFTER you see the air bubbles on top. That's when you know it's ready. Any sooner than that and you'll slop batter all over and ruin your nice round pancake. And as we all know, nice round pancakes taste far better than any other kind! :)


Just a note of honesty here, I am not a banana flavor fan. I love eating bananas, but banana flavored things are not my thing. I liked the pancakes but I much rather prefer the carb laden batter with blueberries any day over banana pancakes.(Maybe I needed more cinnamon in mine.)  However, my children were in love with them and that scores big points in this house. Needless to say, they will be made again and again and probably even more after that..plus they are healthy double score! Try them out for yourself and see if you are a banana pancake fan! As for me, my search continues for a healthy scrumptious pancake recipe...is there such a thing? I believe there is and I will find one!



 BANANA PANCAKES

makes 12-14 small size pancakes
 
2 ripe bananas
2 eggs
cinnamon-to taste
nutmeg- to taste

Throw all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add a dash more of cinnamon.

Heat your skillet with some coconut oil, when melted pour batter into skillet.

Cook on medium/low heat until air bubbles form on top. Flip

Top with almond butter, more cinnamon, agave, pure maple syrup, sliced bananas and yogurt.

Eat. Enjoy! And then eat some more.


What's your favorite pancake topping?

Until next time,
Kristie



No comments:

Post a Comment