Sunday, November 10, 2013

Here We Go!


Alright here we go!!! Our idea for this workout page is to share what we have been doing to try to stay fit this winter. We are hoping people will use this blog as a tool to get ideas for their own workouts and to encourage others to eventually start one.

There are three things we would like to emphasize within the workout plans. To begin with, this topic of exercise must be given completely to God. A lot of times we think that He doesn't care about such small details of our lives, but let me tell you HE DOES!  "He gives power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increases strength." Isaiah 40:29 or Isaiah 41:10....He will give us the strength to get up and run or to climb those extra set of stairs! I always like to think of exercise as a way to take care of the body God has given us. Number two, is the importance of setting goals (long term and short term). Kristie and I are hoping that we will eventually post our own personal goals on here in hopes of keeping each other accountable. The purpose of these goals will be to motivate us to keep going and encourage our hearts to believe that we can push our bodies more than we think. Finally, our third emphasis is finding a "why". Meaning that we need to do some major soul searching ladies! Why the heck do we want to workout and eat healthy? Yes, to keep us looking dang good, but there has to be something else. Something that will kick in that inner drive to work harder over a longer period of time. Kristie and I will share our "why's" when we post our goals for the winter season. Below is an example of what a workout post may look like. 

When the hubby came home from work yesterday I quickly grabbed the keys and drove to the nearest running trail. I haven't had a chance to transition into any sort of morning workouts so the early afternoon is my window of opportunity. Started with just a steady walk and then progressed to a run. Ran 2 miles and walked the last one. I find that if I  begin my runs with a walk then it doesn't seem as intimidating. When I had finished I decided to do a couple of extra exercises that help with muscle toning (in my very own living room of course!) Total workout only lasted 30 min!! Ladies, all you need is 30 min. out of your day and you are taking care of the vessel God has so graciously given you and you feel so freaking good after you do it!! :)

Strength training exercises: Push ups 3 sets of 10 
Warning: Arms may begin to shake! Ahaaa

 Remember: You can modify this exercise by putting your knees on the floor.

 Lunges: 3 sets of 8-12 Making sure your knee that is in front of you doesn't go past your toe. (my face looks hilariously serious in this photo)
 Sit-ups: 2 sets of 25 For some reason I have been enjoying the full sit ups (chest to knees). Feel free to not go as high as long as you are going slowly with these. Exhale on the way up and inhale on the way down.

 Ta Da! Your done for the day! The key with beginning an exercise program is to start small and work from there. 

1 comment:

  1. Ya girl!!!!! I'm motivated! I have only had time to run 1 quick mile in the past 2 months!!!! Thanks for posting this!!!!
    Monica :)

    ReplyDelete