Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Kristie's Week 2 Workout

I have officially begun my journey to a healthier, happier me! I have upped my game from the week  one work out of doing my 10 minute Pilates video. I did have a set back, my girls and I were sick with colds and that put me back a few weeks, but I'm back on the wagon and ready to do this...one day at a time. ;) I am baby stepping it for several reasons. If your just cluing in to my journey, I am having to rebuild my strength and health due to a septic infection. That and having babies! :) So I am going very slowly in this journey, which is not typical of my racehorse personality, but the key to being successful for me.

I have started walking at least once a week with a stroller mommy up the killer hills in our neighborhood and I have increased my Pilates workouts to 20 minutes. The 10 minute flexibility (stretching basically) and then rotating through the other muscle group specific workouts. I have also taken the plunge and joined the gym!!! I know, right! Now I have to be committed or else feel really guilty about letting that money go to waste! Eek!  It's been a long time since I've been a gym member so I was feeling pretty intimidated and almost backed out. Tonight I am going to a half hour spin class and I'm still feeling pretty intimidated but I know it will be good. Wish me luck! I'll let you know if I'm still alive tomorrow!

----------------------------
In my last post I mentioned that I took the plunge and joined the gym. I went last night hoping to attend my very first spin class ever. I was nervous because I knew it would kick my butt. When I got to the gym no one was there for the class! The instructor approached me and said that if there was only one person in the class then she cancels! I was BUMMED. However, she say that the advanced class was going to be happening in another hour if I wanted to stick around. So, much to my dismay, I did not get to be intiated into the world of cycling...at least not yet. Instead, I went on the elliptical for 15 minutes. It was good. Ease my way back into this so I don't get discouraged. I'll be back for you on Monday spin class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment